I had to go to school to pick up some stuff for (one of) my job(s) so I popped into the gym and caught the last ten or twleve minutes of the Rainmen’s scrimmage.
- It was the last ten minutes of the second practice of the day, so obviously I can’t draw too many conclusions. People looked exhausted and there was definitely some ankles being iced. The slightly too small court at King’s compounds that fact. Guys were tired and sore so a lot weren’t on the court when I came in.
- Crookshank is in town and was practicing. He recognized me and we shook hands and said hi.
- It looked pretty unstructured… but it’s also day two so I assume they haven’t even started putting the offense in yet.
- Twyman looked the best of anyone on the floor while I was there.
- Tremel Beals was working super hard but is absolutely tiny.
- Nathan Clark looked surprisingly good. He’s an outside shooter and scored 3 of 4 three point attempts while I was there. He got ruined by Crookshank in the post on one play and didn’t look like a great rebounder, though. He’s a homeless man’s Silverhorn. I still don’t think he’s good enough to make the team but he looked really good.
- Hammack, Bailey and SirVal all looked good, too.
Obviously I can’t draw too many conclusions from such a brief watching but if there is one thing that was very clear it’s this: it’s still only the second day of training camp and it shows.