I dropped by the training camp again today and watched about 20 minutes of the scrimmage. The new guys must be wondering who the Asian dude creeping on them is.
The local four guards in camp were cut and dark horse Nathan Clark is still there. The practice was more formal than yesterdays with all the players in full practice gear (matching shorts, reversable jerseys) and Rick Lewis stopping play to make suggestions. They still don’t have an offense or zone defense in place since it is only day 3. The two teams scrimmaging were:
McNeal was icing on the sidelines.
Some other thoughts:
- Sanders and Eric were battling each other hard the whole time I was there. This will be a tough front line.
- Silverhorn was not just relying on his jump shot and showed a lot of new ways to score that we didn’t see last year.
- All 4 guards looks phenomenal. Hammack can definitely play shooting guard. That is probably why most of the locals guys got sent home.
- Clark finally looked out of place, out muscled and just out gunned today. He has done well to get this far but I can’t imagine him making it, but he has surprised everyone thus far.
- This team has a lot of very powerful players who are going to push people around in the key.