The box score is up here.
– Starting line up was Twyman, Bennnett, Jeanty, Strick, Bailey.
– Two shocking stats: Bailey was the team’s leading scorer and Millien did not play. There’s no word on if he was hurt, but if he was benched/didn’t make the trip on a coach’s decision then he must be pissed. This is not what he or anyone else envisioned his role would be. I know the front court is crowded, but why bring him in if he’s not getting burn? I think playing him at small forward (where Berry is clearly unhappy with his options) is viable. Of course, we’ll have to see why he didn’t play. It could simply be a tweaked ankle or the nasty flu that’s making its rounds in Halifax.
– Bennett had a quiet scoring game but chipped in with nine assists and six boards. I have to believe he’s the best player on this team right now.
– It was balanced scoring but Eric and Bailey both put up double doubles and Eric had three blocks and two steals. 17/12/3 are the kinds of numbers we expected from him this season but the turmoil (suspension, coaching change, front court player movements) have made it hard for him to find a groove. Bailey got his numbers in just 17 minutes appearently.
– Halifax’s three point shooting woes continue. Remember the intitial pre-season plan with our two 6’6″ wing players dropping bombs from the outside if someone tried to bring the double team? Yeah… that’s not working out so well. Halifax are second last in the league in three point shooting with only Montreal (the team playing with a skeleton roster of locals) hitting a lower percentage of their three point attempts. Dandridge is a phenomenal 29% – 76th in the league. Silverhorn is actually shooting a very good 46% (15th in the league) but the three guards are not exactly connecting at a solid rate with Twyman (34%), Bennett (31%) and Ramey (21%) all struggling to hit deep shots consistently. Jeanty is 0-12 but I can’t really fault him since unlike some guys he doesn’t keep heaving them up when they aren’t falling. Sure I’d like to see him knock down most of his attempts but if he’s only taking 0.8 three pointers a game I am not going to get mad about it.